To attend the study programme of the Master in Data Science and Economics (Laurea Magistrale LM-91) it is necessary to have adequate knowledge of computer science, mathematics, economics and statistics at undergraduate level.
How to apply (Academic Year 2019-2020):
The application must be submitted online, through the proper “Admission” service: choose “Admission and Ranking Lists – Ammissioni e Graduatorie corsi di laurea”. Then click on “Master programmes without entrance examination – Lauree magistrali biennio ad accesso libero”. Before that, you have to login into the system, by following the instructions provided at this page.
- Fill out the application form;
- Submit the documents demanded:
- Standard documentation: (i) degree certificate and (ii) transcripts attesting exams taken, grades and credits (ECTS/CFU) in English or Italian;
- Passport/ID card;
- A short CV;
- A letter of motivation;
- English language certification (IELTS, TOEFL, University exams);
- One letter of recommendation*(optional).
Curriculum Vitae, Motivation Letter and Recommendation letter have to be sumbmitted in the prescribed format below. Click on the links to download the document templates; fill them in; upload them through the online application system.
- Curriculum Vitae, these format and template (PDF, Word, OpenOffice) are mandatory;
- Motivation letter, these format and template (PDF, Word OpenOffice) are mandatory;
- Recommendation letter*, these format and template (PDF, Word, OpenOffice) are mandatory;
*The Recommendation letter has to be sent by an external referee (not by the applicant), directly to the Master’s degree Secretariat, preferably by email (to email@example.com) or by post (ordinary mail) specifying in the subject “Presentation of DSE candidate: LastName FirstName”.
Please note: incomplete or multiple submissions will not be considered.
3. Pay the application fee (30 euro, not refundable). The payment form is available at the end of the application procedure. Online payments via credit cards are allowed.
Once the application has been submitted:
- The members of the Admission Board verify if the candidate meets the entry requirements;
- Verified the entry requirements, the Admission Board will assess the qualifications and will decide whether to admit or reject or ask the candidate for an interview (via Skype or other electronic means);
- The candidate will receive the letter of admission/rejection, through the students’ application portal SIFA.
- In case of admission, the applicant will be able to proceed with enrolment and pay the annual fees. The enrolment procedure will be available from mid-July, 2019. As soon as the procedure opens, we kinldy suggest proceeding with the enrollment, following the instructions available at this page under the section “HOW TO ENROL”. The enrollment period will run from mid-July to October 2019.
Deadline to apply for non-EU citizens, resident abroad, is June 30th, 2019.
For everyone else deadline to apply is July 31st, 2019 – h. 12.00 noon (Italian local time CEST).
VERY IMPORTANT: non-EU citizens resident abroad who do not have an Italian residence permit for study, must also submit their formal pre-application to the Italian Embassy or Consulate in their country – Deadline: July 24th, 2019.
By this date, the applicant has to submit to the Embassy or Consulate the admission letter, which is obtained after the positive accomplishment of the DSE application procedure. Should any delay occur, the University has no power to interfere with Embassy/Consulate’s agenda, therefore it will not be our responsibility if the student is not able to obtain the visa on time.
Applications arrived after June 30th, 2019 will not be considered for the Excellence scholarship.
Please remember graduands must obtain the bachelors’ degree by December 31st, 2019.